1. The primary criteria used to select New Bill Dickey Scholarship Association students include the following: Scholarship application, personal recommendations, cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher (on official transcript), participation in golf, leadership in school and community service activities, financial needs, employment, and other responsibilities will be considered.
2. Scholarship recipients who meet the guidelines are eligible to receive a scholarship, commencing with their freshman year of college. He or she must maintain a 2.5 GPA each semester and on a cumulative basis that he or she is enrolled in college to avoid forfeiture of their scholarship.
3. The essay must be a minimum of 500 words and it must be typed and double-spaced, no exceptions. Be certain to include your full name and the last four digits of your social security number at the top of each page. View Essay Guidelines>>
4. Attach additional pages to application if necessary. Make certain all pages are numbered.
5. The two personal reference forms should be completed by your high school principal, guidance counselor or other professional(s) who are knowledgeable of your: (A) Academic Record, (B) Potential for Successful College Level Academic Immersion, (C) History of Active Participation in Golf and (D) Financial Need. The completed reference forms must be uploaded with your application using the form below.
6. The DEADLINE for completed applications to be received is Friday, May 25, 2018 5:00 p.m. Arizona time. We must also receive your transcripts via mail by this date as well. Please have transcripts sent to: Bill Dickey Scholarship Association, Attn: Scholarship Committee, 1241 East Washington St., Suite 101, Phoenix, AZ 85304.
7. All applicants will be notified in writing, regarding the Scholarship Committee’s decision.
8. Scholarship award checks will be written in the names of both the student and the institution.
9. IMPORTANT REMINDER: Incomplete and/or late and handwritten applications will not be considered.
Your completed application must include the following:
Application form completed online below
Official transcript (raised seal) must be mailed to: The Bill Dickey Scholarship Association ATTN: Scholarship Committee 1241 E. Washington St., Suite 101, Phoenix, AZ 85304